BugTracker.NET is a free, open-source, web-based bug tracking and general purpose issue tracking application. It is in daily use by thousands of development, customer support, and help desk teams around the world.
BugTracker.NET is easy to install and learn how to use. When you first install it, it is very simple and you can start using it right away. Later, you can change its configuration to handle your needs if they are more complex.
- Highly configurable. When you use it for the first time it's simple and lightweight, but you can configure it to be more suitable for the enterprise too, with custom workflows and permissions for a larger organization. Works great as a helpdesk system, or a customer support ticket system, or many other scenarios.
- Email integration. Sending and receiving emails is integrated with the tracker, so that the email thread about a bug is tracked WITH the bug. You can setup an email address and BugTracker.NET will turn those incoming emails into items in the database.
- Search. Fast, easy, powerful search, both full-text and based on selected criteria like status, project, etc.
- Fast performance. Quickly list, sort filter bugs even when there are thousands of bugs in your database.
- Screen capture desktop app. In just a few clicks, take a screenshot, annotate it, and post it to BugTracker.NET. Also works well with Bug Shooting.
- Custom fields
- Customized lists, filtered and sorted the way you want, with the columns that you want, with the colors that you want.
- Notifications. Get an email whenever any bug has been added or changed. Fine tune your settings so you only get notified about the bugs you care about.
- Link related bugs. You can even merge duplicates.
- Management reports with pie, line, and bar charts. Create your own reports.
- "Skinnable" using CSS and/or your own custom HTML. Brand it with your company name, your logo. Use your own terminology, for example, "tickets" or "issues" instead of "bugs". custom links to your own pages.
- Subversion, git, and Mercurial integration.
- LDAP/Active Directory integration. You can configure BugTracker.NET so that users are automatically registered when they visit BugTracker.NET for the first time.
- Time tracking.
- Supports Unicode (Chinese characters, Hebrew characters, etc. . . )
- Integrated with some testing tools including TestRail and Testuff